Monday, February 18, 2008

Sleeping In!!!

Steve had my camera today so I couldn't get a picture, but I needed to record a funny moment that happened this morning. Trent had gotten up around 7:30 am and after being up with Camryn last night I wasn't wanting to get out of bed. When he heard Camryn getting up a little while later I told him to go tell Camryn I would be right there...this is when I rolled over and fell back to sleep. At 8:15 I woke up wondering why Camryn was not crying to get out of bed. I was imagining Trent trying to get her out of the crib by himself, which wasn't a pretty image, so I ran in Camryn's bedroom to find Trent in the crib with her. They were playing and Trent had managed to untie the bumper pad and was hiding under it. I was so glad to get that extra 30 or so minutes of rest and so glad that my two munchkins are getting along so well.

8 comments:

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

That is so sweet! And too bad that you didn't have your camera! I hope Carly and her sibling get along that well.

The Harbertson Family said...

I knew I loved that kid. Any kid that makes it possible for their mom to get a few extra minutes in bed is tops with me!

Janae said...

That is possibly the cutest story! Trent is such a good big brother. I need to train Madeline to do that:) And I'm so glad you got to sleep in!

Mark and Meghan said...

so cute...i think porter would be trying to take claire out of her crib. trent is so sweet!

Gary Church said...

I love this story.

The Dobrons said...

Amanda! Can you believe how sleeping in past when the clock says 8 can make a world of difference?! I remember Allison doing the same thing with Cole when he woke up from a nap. I love it! Hope things are going great--

meg said...

That is so cute! It makes me excited to have another baby when I hear stories like that.

Ali said...

I can't believe how big Trent is. I think he was Braden's size when you guys moved! I guess time flies when you're having fun! I love that we have a new way to keep in touch. Much better than Christmas cards!!!!