Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our 2 Summer Trips!

First Stop North Carolina:

Our first trip was to Emerald Isle, North Carolina. This was a family reunion with Steve's family. They grew up going to the beach in NC every summer...so we are continuing the tradition with no complaints from me!!!



The only difference is that back then his family stayed in an airstream and now we get to stay here:
The Granted Wish is the name of the place...and it really says it all!!
Camryn still LOVES the sand more than ANYone I know her age!
Grandpop, Nathan and Trent enjoying the kid's room! They were NOT the only ones that spent a lot of time with this game! It was quite often that I found Steve and the older boys down here too!Cami and Madison

The whole gang!
All the grandkids, right???
Meggie trying to show Trent her California surfer moves
Trent's flounder that he realed in!

Camryn loved all the girls and LOVED this chair!!!


Trip to San Diego:


My brother, Jason, left on his mission on June 6 so we went out to San Diego for his farewell and one last family trip all together before he gets back. We went to Palm Springs and enjoyed the nice weather there to play in the water. We had a great time and Trent and Camryn LOVED spending time with their cousins!


This is Trent on the way to Palm Springs saying his eyes hurt and that he needed to wear some sunglasses!
This picture is of my grandparents with all of the great grand kids from our family!
Carly, Nolan, Chase, Christian, Camryn, and Trent


Cami and Trent
Camryn LOVES my Dad as you can tell. And if you can believe it this was really all the pictures I took in San Diego...I guess I thought I could rely on getting my Mom's pictures since she takes so many!!!


There you go Krissy! Is that enough pictures for you? I hope that I get an A+++


!

8 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

man, i wanted more pictures from san diego...like more of your family! helllo!? i love that picture of camryn and trent. it's adorable...and she's beginning to look a lot more like you i think! wish we could've seen you in san diego!!! hopefully soon...when is it that you MOVE to utah again, i forgot~! :)

Jenny said...

Looks like you're having a fun summer! Your kids just get more and more adorable!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Yay for new pictures! Glad you guys have been having a fun summer. The trip to NC sounds like a blast! I can't believe how old Bryan & Jen's twins are... last I knew they were little infants still. Crazy how time flies. Trent is to die for, and Camryn just looks like Amanda Jr. Lucky girl!!!

Krissy said...

Amanda, For this post I give you an A+++ and +. I do wish I could have seen more of "MY" kids in San Diego. But the grandkids are so absolutely adorable on both sides of the family. Um....do you all need a nanny on that North Carolina trip? Miss Krissy is always available! Thanks for making my day Amanda. I just need to hold those kids. My amrs are aching!

KatieB said...

fun trips! i hope we coordinate one of our SD trips someday. the beach houses in north carolina are so nice! we stayed at a fabulous one in the outer banks one fourth of july weekend a few years back. it put newport beach to shame!

Anonymous said...

SO fun Amanda!! Those trips both look perfect! Ang said she had such a great time seeing you guys- we need to get Kaitlyn back together with her boyfriend Trent- Ang would be in heaven if those two ever ended up together ;)

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

Hey. Fun trips. How's it going?? We definitely need to plan a trip sometime soon. You kids are soo cute. Trent is so BIG now. You guys really do need to move back to Utah, I definitely agree with the other comments.

Jenny said...

Amanda, I'm sorry I don't have your email address. I just wanted to say thank you for sending me the children's book club letter. It has been sitting on my desk, and I keep wanting to do it, but we have just been so busy lately! Mark is taking the bar exam this week and then we're moving to VA next week. So I wanted to let you know that I just don't think I'm going to be able to do the book club right now--I would love to do it another time, though! I wanted you to know so you could pass it on to someone else if you want. Thanks so much for thinking of us, and if you ever get another one of those letters please send it our way! :)