Sunday, October 26, 2008

Down Home, Down the Street...

...Piggly Wiggly

Trent's Pre-school class went to the famous grocery store...piggly wiggly...on a field trip the other day. The store manager and staff spoiled the kids with many activities including getting to meet the PIG himself! They had their faces painted, a special treat from the flower arranger, were able to witness a chicken being butchered (that was a little scary for some!), and got to decorate a cookie at the bakery. They left with a "go green" grocery bag full of candy and balloons! It was great!

Learning Adventures Preschool (the best preschool EVER...just ask Trent!)


Camryn Loving Aunt Jessica



Camryn HATING Aunt Jessica (she, Camryn, was NOT too fond of the pig)


Decorating their Cookies



Nolan missed the directions of waiting until they ate lunch to eat their cookie...oops!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda! I LOVE IT ALL! josh and I looked through the pictures like five times! haha they are so cute!! I like the color you chose for the side too...it matches perfect...thanks for putting the logo on there I will get so much business now! haha no but really thanks. Hey I think there is a way you can make that brown thing right under the banner the same color as your orange color, so you don't see that dark brown. But if it doesn't bug you then who cares. I love the new look though! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

by the way josh signed on to his blogger name...thats why it says world ventures?!?!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Good stuff! Camryn's reaction to the pig reminds me of Carly. :) And I can't believe how tall Trent and Chase are! I really hope we get to see you guys soon. I really want to come and visit sometime very soon. All the stories and pictures, I need to see it all in person. Love you guys!

Chris said...

Whoa, two posts in one day? That looks like such a fun trip to visit the PIG. (Even though I have never gotten used to the name of that store, & think it's totally embarrassing! ha)

Steph said...

That is hilarious....esp. the fact that cami hated the pig - i hated the easter bunny when i was her age and we have a picture that looks just like it! We need to catch up again soon!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

The piggly wiggly! A true Southern thing. You can't fully appreciate it unless you've lived in the south (and yes, I am counting our 3 months in Charlotte). Your kids are getting so big! I miss them. We are leaving for Provo next week, I'm so excited, wish you were still there!

Kelly said...

I love your new layout! It's great! And Jess and Cami with the pig is just too funny!

Christine said...

I love the new layout...very cute! So i have heard of the piggly wilggles but its from a movie or something right...like sweet home alabama or something...I love that you live in the south! Too funny...reminded me also of better off dead!

Christine said...

ps did you figure out how to add the blog list upadates? Let me know! Hope you had a great halloween...love ya!

Floats said...

where's halloween, you slacker!